Thursday, August 26, 2010

Is it just fashion...?

Have you ever noticed that the first thoughts and actions that you think and perform in the morning set the tone for the rest of your day.  Sometimes, I wake up in the morning and just pop right out of bed.  I start walking thru the house, checking on everyone else, and then I go into the closet and set something out to wear...the entire time my mind is running and I am excited about getting started.  I can't wait to get out there and make it happen.  I feel as if I am on top of the world, and they are not going to be ready for me today!

THEN, there are those days when I have to convince myself to get up.  I start making little deals with my body.  "I'll get up in another 10 min."  Or worse, "It doesn't take me that long to get ready, I can just lay here another 30 minutes, then I'll get dressed really fast." These are the days that usually start with me rushing around the house, only to feel rushed for the rest of the day, always one step behind.  

I see these two different days just like two different wardrobes:  One day I am clothed in excitement, expectation, and victory, and the other day I am clothed in doubt, procrastination, and fear.  I finally had to realize that regardless as to how my day began, I chose the garments.  I woke up and put something on that covered me that entire day.  So ask yourself, what garments are you wearing today? 

3 comments:

  1. Ephesians 6:13 says, "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good thing to know is that God will always wake you with a purpose for the day. I like to ask Him....God, what will you have me to do today? And since He is the orchestrator; the conductor of my day, I'm reassured that His plan, if carried out, will bring Him glory and me Victory. So, when He allows you to rise in the morning, ask Him....God, what do you have planned for me today. Be Blessed!!

    ReplyDelete