I often see images of crossroads and begin to reflect on my own life and how so many of us respond to these pivotal decisions. Realizing that each decision that we make determines the path that we follow is enough to keep many people cemented to the ground, afraid to make a decision. Wouldn't it be great if we had absolute certainty as to whether or not this new venture will work out? Is he or she the right one for me to marry? I am pregnant and alone and I don't know whether or not I should keep this child? It all brings me back to that little eight-ball that you could shake up and get an answer within seconds, but there aren't any magic eight-balls for life's situations. No decision is going to be easy, and regardless of the situations that you face in life, no path chosen is without its share of challenges. Whether you keep going straight, or turn to the left or right, just prepare to face your challenges.
There is a psalm that reads, "Yea though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil." The comfort is that you are going THRU the valley, not pitching a tent. Be decisive today and move with the courage that you are going thru to get to something better.
I think I am really going to like your blog! I love the part about not pitching a tent.
ReplyDeleteWhen God is calling you to make a big sacrifice that is because God has something bigger in store for you! I believe God is calling people right now to making some changes and decisions that require nothing more than believing that God is able to perform. Some people have allowed what they perceive as their "comfort zone" to stop them from the very blessing that God has in store for them. Psalm 35:27 says "let the Lord be magnified" Why do you think David said that? Can the Lord be any bigger than He already is? No! David said that because we make God too small! It's time to start BELIEVING that God is our provider. It's time to stand firm on the solid ground that He has placed you on. It's time to take that step of faith. When God tells you to "go" then all you have to do is BELIEVE that He is able! Jeremiah 1:12 says, "Then said the Lord to me, you have seen well, for I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it."
ReplyDeleteYou have a gift for this my brother, keep blogging!
ReplyDelete