I often find myself struggling with myself. Its as if I know what it takes for me to have success today, right now, but there is some other part of me that always wants to put if off. I see myself being successful today, right now, but there is some other part of me that always wants to put it off. Tomorrow functions as a safety-net of sorts, and so I keep battling to stay out of the safety net and jump into my destiny today, right now!
The conversation that Paul has about these warring factions in our nature: "So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?" Romans 7:21-24
It helps me when I recognize that I am not alone in my struggles. I have an advocate with the father: His son Jesus Christ. And even though I am constantly being accused by Satan and berated with guilt and a feeling of unworthiness for my failures, I am encouraged because Revelations tells me that the accuser has been defeated, and his time is short. So all I have to do is walk in the victory already provided!
I feel good about that...no matter what comes my way today, I have complete and total victory!
No comments:
Post a Comment