Friday, September 3, 2010

What to do...

Direction in life seems at times to be such a mystery.  Have you ever prayed for answers only to find yourself running after everything that appears to be a "sign"?  It's as if we ask God for a job, and the first person or opportunity that comes our way we jump at it as though this must be what God has for me.  I don't know how many times I've done that, only to find that I have been a victim of my own desires...looking so hard for answers that I begin to force SQUARE happenings into ROUND answers, if that makes any sense.

In my reading, I came across the writings of "Pastor Greg".  He explained it in such a way as to make me examine my relationship with God.  How do I see Him?  Is He here as some sort of cosmic Genie, to grant wishes to me, or am I here for Him seeking His will for my life? 

As you examine your own prayer life and relationship with God, ask yourself, "Am I willing to submit to God's will for my life, or do I just worship God so that He will give me what I want?" 

While you are enjoying your Labor Day Weekend, reflect on how you can better reverence God's will for your life and receive instruction that provides more clarity in your life and enables you to joyfully embrace God's perfect will for you. "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2

1 comment:

  1. The Bible teaches us that the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. When we position ourselves in such away that God orders our steps, we will always find ourselves in His perfect will. Proverbs 3:6 says, In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. WOW!! You mean in considering Him in everything I do will set me up to be in His Perfect Will?

    ReplyDelete